<editorsnote> Nerds, meet my buddy Melodie. I met her when she invited me to come and crash on her couch for the night in the San Dizzle and she is for reals one of the nicest chicas ever. She's a fellow marketer and wanted to use this space to share her thoughts on life, love, and all things nerd. Hit it Melodie! </editorsnote>
Hey everyone! I’m Melodie aka Marketing Melodie aka @MyMelodie on Twitter. So grateful for an opportunity to write this post on TNTML! I connected with Jen on Twitter a while back and we planned an awesome #NerdsUnite meetup in San Diego followed by a nerdy girls sleepover. I already share a lot of my story on my Marketing Blog. My blog is mostly professional where I post resources and tips so after spending a weekend with Jen and many amazing #NerdsUnite ladies, I felt both inspired and compelled to be even more involved in my community and continue telling my story on perhaps an even more personal level.
First things, first. Who am I? I’m a passionate Technology Entrepreneur, a Marketing professional, Speaker, Educator, Social Media Socialite & Enthusiast and many of you wouldn’t know this but I’m also a Yoga Instructor! Ooommmmm…..
Here are some of the things within the nerdy realm that excite me ...
- I get excited when I find out one of my friends uses Evernote and immediately start comparing lists them!
- I’m thrilled to meet my favorite authors to get my books autographed! Most recently I met Keith Ferrazzi who wrote Never Eat Alone and Who’s Got Your Back
- I am ecstatic when I unlock a shiny new Foursquare badge and admit that I’ll go to places that help me unlock more badges!
- Twitter has my answer for everything! I know there are things I can easily Google but I’d rather get person replies and recommendations from my network so I ask Twitter and Twitter delivers!
- When someone with a verified account follows me on Twitter, I do a little jump for joy.
- Getting a LinkedIn recommendation to me is what I consider WINNING!
- I love being on the Words with Friends Facebook page to learn new words every day!
- I was Carmen San Diego for Halloween! The Nerdy Super Hero with teleporting abilities, Computer/Video game character who taught 5th graders geography.
With all that I’ve been already willing to admit, that makes me a nerd right? Really looking forward to sharing more with everyone! Thanks again to @JenFriel for having me on her team!