#TalkNerdyToMeLover's Ajay Chauhan
Ever wondered why you are faring badly at the dating game. Are you finding it difficult to get a first date or never going beyond a first date to a second date?
Here are the top ten reasons, along with the dating tips, why you don’t fare well in the dating game. First five reasons are why you are not getting any dates at all and second five reasons are why you don’t get any second dates.
• You do not recognize opportunities: Maybe you have a set idea where to get dates and as such pass up opportunities to find a date in your daily routine. You overlook the chance of meeting your Mr. or Ms Right in your daily grind like at the supermarket, walking down the street or waiting in a coffee shop.
• You project that you are unavailable: Your attitude and body language convey the message that you are unavailable. For instance, are you always frowning and looking angry? To get a date, you need to replace that look with a friendly, positive outlook.
• You wear a strong armor: Have you been hurt in love before, and now don’t want to get hurt again. Constantly reliving the past sabotages one’s chances of finding love again. Even if you get offers for a date, you turn it away. One should give up the protective barrier, and be open to connect with someone new.
• You dress down: If you want to attract dates, you should be well dressed at all occasions. Many singles dress inappropriately in ways that do not complement their figure. For instance, they might wear over sized clothing, dull colors like grey or are stuck to their high school fashion. Consult a friend to find out what sort of wardrobe is flattering to your personality.
• You are too busy for love: Are you so busy that you don’t have time for your social and particularly romantic life. Singles often complain that they are too busy to find time for love. But they must become open to the idea of dating if they are to connect to the right person who will make life worthwhile on this earth.
• You are a late-gate: Did you arrive at your first date, late, without any genuine explanation?-Chances are that you will not have a second date. Most people don’t like persons who don’t value their time, and let them wait at their dates.
• Bringing up ex: If you spend all your time on the first date discussing your ex- his or her defects and the problems they caused in your life, it may not go well for your current date. Most people don’t want to connect with you if you bring your emotional baggage to your first date. So avoid discussing your ex at your current date.
• Getting drunk: There is nothing more repulsive that getting drunk on your first date. Avoid having more than two cocktails, so you keep your head.
• Do not listen: Especially for women, they want their dates to listen to them and hold a balanced conversation during the first date.
• You are disrespectful and too independent: Do not come across as a rude and headstrong person.
These are the top ten reasons why you are unsuccessful at the dating game.
AUTHOR: The author Ajay Chauhan is an employee of Love Wale. He contributes blogs and articles to the website. Topics he covers include dating, marriage and relationships.